Using the comments box
Created by: Irene Higson Isaiah
Modified on: Tue, 23 Jun, 2020 at 12:59 PM
- To use the comments box, simply click on it in the bottom right hand corner of the document page.
- The comments box will open up. It supports text and emojies, includes the name of the person who wrote the comment and a date and time stamp. Users are able to edit and delete their own messages, and remove themselves from the participants list (see "How to remove a user" in Administration of Comments Box).
How to add a comment
- If you are a participant, simply open the comments box and start typing in the text entry field at the bottom. To send the message either click the paper aeroplane or press the Enter key on your keyboard. To add emojies click the smiley face and select your emoji. Then keep writing or send your message.
How to update a comment
- This is only possible to do with your own comments. To edit a comment simply hover over the comment you wish to edit and click the edit icon.
- If the comment you wish to edit is your last comment, you can simply press the UP key on your keyboard to start editing.
- To cancel the operation you can either click the Cancel button, or press the Escape key on your keyboard.
- To add emojies to your edit, click the smiley face and select your emojies.
- If you have edited your comment and wish to re-send it, simply press the Enter key on your keyboard, or click the Save button.
- The updated comment will say Edited in parantheses
How to delete a comment
- It is only possible to delete your own comments. To delete, hover over the comment you wish to delete and click the red x.
- Confirm that you wish to delete
- Verify that the message disappears from the comments box.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.